Macroview Telecom Group and its affiliates (the “Company”) pledge to meet fully, and where possible exceed, internationally recognized standards of personal data privacy protection, in complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Amendment Ordinance 2012 (the “Ordinance”). In doing so, we will ensure strict compliance by our staff with the highest standards of security and confidentiality. This statement details our policies and practices. Throughout this Statement, our use of the term “personal data” has the meaning ascribed to it by the Ordinance.
2. Information collection
2.1 When you visit our homepage, use our services, register for our events, attend our functions or communicate with us, we may collect the below information from you.
- your name;
- your company name;
- service installation address, correspondence address, and/or billing address;
- account details, including account numbers, service numbers, or user accounts;
- payment details, including credit card and banking information;
- contact details, including contact name, telephone/mobile/fax number or email address; and
- information for the verification of identity, including identification type and identification number.
Information collection as such is for the purpose of providing a better service to you as well as serving various marketing purposes, which include the provision of information about industry events, technologies, products and services related to the Information and Communication Technology (“ICT”) industry.
2.2 The Company’s server may also collect data relating to your online session, the use of which is to provide aggregated, anonymous, statistical information on the server’s usage so that we may better meet the demands and expectations of visitors to our sites. This type of data may include :
- the browser type and version;
- the operating system; and
- the IP address and/or domain name.
2.3 Under certain circumstances, telephone calls made to our order and/or service and/or inquiry hotlines are recorded for the purposes of quality control, appraisal and staff management and development. Unless expressly indicated at the time of calling, such recordings are not personal data of the caller and, therefore, are not subject to the Ordinance. Accordingly, the caller has no rights and/or claims, whether statutory, contractual or tortious, over or to such data.
Please note we only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary.
3. Use of Information
We use (and, where specified, share) your personal information for the following purposes in and outside Hong Kong:
- Corporate operations such as incorporation into our database, analysis, research and auditing
- Marketing ICT services or products
- Notification of ICT industry events such as promotional events, trade fairs, and conferences: We or our partners may communicate with you about an event, conference hosted or co-sponsored by us or one of our partners. Please note that our partners or event sponsors may directly request your personal information at their event booths or presentations, it is optional for you to provide your information to them and you should review their privacy policies to address your particular needs and concerns.
- Complying with legal requirements: We may be required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requirements.
- To facilitate joint sales or product promotions: We may engage in joint sales or product information with our business partners. Such promotion will always reference the partners involved. In such cases, both Macroview and the partner will have access to that information and either Macroview or our partners may provide you the sales or product promotion information. It is recommended that you review the privacy policies of these partners to address your particular needs and concerns.
We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication. In accordance with the Ordinance, the Company will honor an individual’s request not to use his/her personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. You may choose not to receive promotional materials by simply notifying us and we will immediately cease to do so. Please see below for contact details.
Please state in your request details of the personal data in respect of which your request is being made. Please also state the authority under which you are authorized to make such a request. Unless otherwise instructed, the Company may use any of the personal data collected in the normal course of its business for promotional and marketing purposes.
4. Information Disclosure
We are committed to keep all personal information confidential but we may provide information to the following parties:
- our affiliates, business partners and counterparts
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws inside Hong Kong
Please note how third parties use the information we provided to them is beyond our control.
5. Security of Your Personal Information
Once collected, your personal data is stored by the Company on computer systems and storage media to which access is strictly controlled and restricted. We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information. Currently, we use secure sockets layer software (”SSL”) to protect certain data and secure transactions. SSL encrypts information, including login names, passwords, credit card numbers, names and addresses as they are transmitted over the Internet.
Although the Company takes reasonable technological precautions, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secured, and the Company cannot warrant that your information will be completely secured. Any transmission of your personal data on or through the use of its Internet site is at your own risk.
6. Updates on this Statement
This Statement may be updated from time to time, you may find the updated Statement on www.macroview.com.
7. Your Consent and Rights
By visiting our homepage, using our services, registering for our events, attending our functions or communicating with us, you consent to the collection and use of your information and the activities as outlined in this Statement.
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please write to us at the following address:
Macroview Telecom Limited
Attention: Privacy Officer
Kodak House 2,
321 Java Road,
North Point, Hong Kong
You may also email us at email@example.com.